- Watched a new Star Wars movie, I love it and it didn't even have a light saber in the movie
- Lost our cat Phyllis to cancer
- Went into year two of my new job with a new employer
- Traveled with work to Arkansas 11 times, ~10 more than I really would have liked
- My son passed many, and I do man many, mile markers during his 2nd year on this planet. I try not to gush too much on this one.
- Learned that my sister is dying of cancer and she has survived longer than the Dr's told us she would.
- Started this blog!
- Finally joined the world of owning an iPad and it's not so bad
- Sold our car and truck and bought a new truck (which is just like the old one, only newer)
- Read a lot of good books, Old Man's War series by John Scalzi, Don't tell my parents I am a Supervillian, by Richard Roberts, and the last two books in the Wearing the Cape series by Marion Harmon. All of which I highly recommend!
- Played in a beta test of the new Wearing the Cape RPG by Marion Harmon. I am really excited for the Kickstarter for this one!
- Interviewed for a new position in my company. I didn't get the job but I felt the process was really good for me and owners, to get to know me a little bit better.
- Supported my wife with her new interest and hobby - Bullet Journal
Thing that I didn't get to do this past year but want to change in 2017:
- Work in the wood shop, I have a bunch of project ideas.
- Visit old friends, especially the ones that are fairly close. Such as some old Army buddies in Atlanta.
- Go to GenCon in Indianapolis.
- Take my son to the Zoo, he wants to see an Aardvark!
- Take a family vacation in an RV to the Grand Canyon.
- Convince my mother to come and stay with us and when that doesn't work, talk her in to staying for a couple of weeks.
- Just so I can be like everyone else at New Years, loose about 20 lbs.
- Write more, practice practice practice!
I know its quick and just a list of experiences but I feel better getting them down on paper. I do have a few game reviews that will be coming up in a couple of weeks. I also am going to strive to be more regular with updates, and share more of my thoughts and stories. Happy New Year!
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.